This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew is bound to be your new favorite winter comfort food! It’s hearty, creamy, and loaded with vegetables!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 4.5 – 6 hours
Total Time 5 – 7 hours
Servings 12 servings
- 2 lb Little Potatoes – I used baby dutch yellow
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts – trim fat, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 6-8 large carrots thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (I went heavy)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.33 heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add potatoes, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, garlic, salt, parsley, thyme, pepper, and broth to an 8 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender (this could take up to 6 hours depending on the temperature of your slow cooker — cutting them smaller will speed up cooking time).
- Set slow cooker to high. Stir together cream and corn starch and stir into slow cooker, along with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook another 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread for dipping (the best way!).
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 275Calories from Fat 63%
Total Fat 7g 11%
Total Carbohydrates 26g 9%
Protein 21g 42%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.