* 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds (brown or black)
* 1/4 cup ground mustard powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup water
* 4 teaspoons apple cider (or white wine vinegar)
1. Soak mustard seeds overnight
2. Drain water completely
3. Lightly Crush the seeds with a mortar and pestle
4. Combine the mustard powder and salt in a small bowl. Stir in slightly crushed seeds and mix the dry ingredients.
5. Mix in the wet ingredients. **The mustard may seem soupy at this stage. Don’t worry – it will thicken up as the mustard seeds and powder absorb the liquids**
6. Cover and store at room temperature for 2 days before using. **You want this wait time, it allows for the mustard to thicken and the harsh bitter taste to mellow**
7. After the 2-day wait, transfer the mustard to a clean glass jar and cover tightly.
� Will keep in fridge for at least 4 months �